Three blogger friends have tagged me for this award. Thanks to Amy over at Amy's World of Writing, Madison at Moosubi Reviews, and Aspen at Confessions of an Inner Aspen!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers ... and is a sneaky way to get to know the person behind the blog. (Sidebar: Not sure if I'm an "upcoming blogger" as I've been doing this for ages ... more like an on-and-off-blogger).
Anyhoooo, according to Amy:
Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you've tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you've tagged them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
10 facts about me:
- I really like to eat.
- I adore mangoes. Philippine mangoes (well, because I am Filipino and am really biased!)
- I like anything with tamarind. Or chocolate.
- I'm a homebody. I hate crowds and the noise.
- Books or chocolates? Don't ask. I can't choose.
- I hate getting caught in the rain. I have a nagging belief that I'll catch a cold.
- I don't have an e-reader. Now, I sort of wish I did.
- I sort of still feel like I'm in my 20s. But thank goodness I'm not.
- I wish I didn't like the colour pink as much as I did.
- I spend waaaay too much time online. God help me.
To answer Amy's questions:
- Name one book that you could re-read over and over again.
- Paperback or eBook?
- Favorite day of the week?
Saturday because I can sleep in and I have the whole weekend to look forward to!
- Which animated character best matches your personality?
Sandy Cheeks or rather, I wish I were like her. Come on, a squirrel in the sea and married to a sponge?
- List one word that describes you the best.
- Beach or mountains?
Either, no preference.
- You have one wish left, what would it be?
Hmmm, to spend more time with a specific someone.
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night owl. Hoo.
- What is your favorite food?
Thai. Japanese. Indian. Ok, I really can't pick.
- Where is your favorite place to read/write?
- What's the meaning behind your blog name?
I used to feel guilty buying books. But when I moved here where public libraries are commonplace, I could indulge in Guiltless Reading! Check out the full story here.
- If you could have any superpower, what would yours be?
A photographic memory (more realistic) or shapeshifting (less realistic).
- When do you usually read?
Whenever I get the urge.
- If you could go anywhere in time, when / where would you go?
I already do that through books so why pick just one?
- Name one song you always dance to.
I can't get no satisfaction.
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life (ex. Bread, noodles, rice, etc.), what would you eat?
Bah! That would be pure torture so I won't even answer this question.
- What is one book you hated / can't stand?
This one. Oh and anything written by *her*
- What's the first word you think of when I say "pickle"?
Mangoes. Pickled mangoes. Delish.
- Coffee or Tea?
Coffee for the smell. Tea for the taste.
- What's your favorite fruit?
Did I say mangoes already? :P
- If you could be any magical creature (werewolf, vampire, unicorn, flying pig, etc.), which one would you be? A genie - who doesn't like making wishes come true?
For those who wonder why I have a a fascination for pickled mangoes, see here. And a disclaimer, he's obviously not a native Filipino speaker ...
And now, Aspen's questions:
- If you could choose to have any superpower which would you choose and why? Answered above - A photographic memory (more realistic) or shapeshifting (less realistic).
- You go into a coffee shop. What do you order? A cappuccino.
- Imagine there is a majestic coconut. What would you change about it? Its flavor? Its shell? Be creative! Coconuts are majestic as is. I can't be creative, I love it as is!
- Did you know that strawberries have natural teeth whitening properties? Yup. So do other citruses.
- What are your literary pet peeves? List as many or as few as you like! Bad spacing and typos.
- If you could create your own literary award to give out, what would you call it? No idea. Something smart and witty. Or maybe silly and catchy.
- If you had a bag of Bernie Botts Every Flavor Beans, which flavor would you be most afraid of choosing? The vomit-flavoured ones.
- What do you think the biggest problem for a person with three arms would be? Not being able to find anything to wear?
- What are the two things for which you are most grateful that your parents provided you? Some good and healthy genes -- I barely get sick and I think I have good-looking skin, considering!
- "If you had the chance to change your fate, would you do it?" - From Brave, Pixar's newest motion picture - Probably not
- For one reason or another, you must go away to a deserted island. You can take one item with you. What do you choose? choose wisely... :) A magnifying lens so I can start fires!
I am tagging some great book peeps out there. I've tagged 11 instead of 10! Come and get your award and answer my nosy questions :) (If you've been tagged already, just leave me a comment with a link. I'd like to go see your answers anyway!)
- William at Two Weeks from Everywhere
- LadyD at LadyD Books
- Srivalli at Valli's Book Den
- jenclair at A Garden Carried in the Pocket
- Angus at Book Rhapsody
- Chris at In a Bookshelf
- Dragonfly Daydreams at Brona's Books
- Tesni at Tesni Reads
- Gigi at Gigi Reads
- Bonnie Way at The Koala Bear Writer
- You, yes you! :)
So guys give 11 facts about yourself and check out my questions (mostly bookish and I have an open question at the end):
- Aside from books, what else are you interested in?
- Why did you decide to start blogging about books and reading? How are you finding it so far?
- Bestest, most favourite book you've ever read? Why?
- E-book, paperback, hardbound? Why?
- What childhood book do you credit for getting you started as a "real" reader?
- Most memorable literary character?
- What genre are you most happy/comfortable reading?
- Do you ever get a "hangover" from over-reading? What does it feel like?
- What do you like to eat or drink while reading?
- What book intimidates/scares you most ... but you would still like to read?
- Choose one question from the many questions already asked of me ... and answer!