Feature and Follow Friday || Book Blogger Hop

Last week was fun, so I'm back :) I loved reading all your comments and I don't think I made it though the entire list. Talk about overwhelmed!

Feature and Follow Friday

Q: What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback etc?

My answer: Definitely a physical book. I haven't done the e-book thing yet. I prefer trade paperbacks as I love the feel of good quality paper. Hardbacks are nice on the shelf but I find those silly hard corners annoy me.

Book Blogger Hop

I just realized something really funny. The question we're answering for this week is MY question which I submitted ages ago (when I was still very much into the Friday hop thing). What goes around comes around! :)

Q: So would you read a book just because of the hype?

My answer: OF COURSE! Where there is smoke there is fire. At the least is you get in on what the hype is all about -- which makes you less duh-sounding during lunchtime conversations (besides you don't have to read the whole thing, you can pretend to).

And, at the most, you get a really, really good read. I remember this happened with Harry Potter. The hype was just beginning in the book blogging community with the very first book (no movie to speak of at the time and the book blogging community was pretty small at the time). I picked a copy up in the bookstore and devoured it. I never posted about it. Well, today ... as they say ... the rest is history. I've read all the books and watched all the movies and even have a daughter who practically grew up on Harry Potter.

***
So concludes another Friday post. Don't forget to check out the current GIVEAWAY which ends soon, and the ones that are upcoming!

You can follow me using any of the icons up in the top right of the blog! Please leave a comment and a link so I can go check out your answers! Happy Friday!

11 comments

  1. I'm going to have to try doing the Book Blogger Hop sometime. Maybe next week.

    New follower via Bloglovin'. I also added you on Google +.

    Anyway, here's my FF: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the harbacks over the paperback books, but will read ebooks for convenience. I love my Kindle cause it makes Netgalley possible! :) I'm an old follower visiting again.

    My FF:
    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/06/follow-me-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Hardbacks look nice on the shelf but the edges can get on the nerve!

    My FF- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently broke down and bought a Kindle. Never wanted one, but now I love it. That said, it will never replace holding the real thing.

    I love that my daughters are in to Harry Potter now. It's so much fun to enjoy it with them. Bloglovin follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are the first one on the hop to be energetically pro for going with the hype and you have a good point too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your answers for both questions. There is no replacing actual books. You don't get the same satisfying experience when you read an ebook as you get when you read an actual book. I also read books if their is a lot of hype surrounding them. I did that with divergent and harry potter, both of which I absolutely adored! I was really late with HP though, I didn't start reading it until after all the movies were out... bad, I know. Hehe great answers! New follower via bloglovin'!
    My follow friday:
    http://understandingshaestory.blogspot.com/2013/06/follow-friday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! I prefer physical copies too. I like to touch them and feel them and sniff them. I love the smell of both old and new books. xD New follower via Bloglovin!

    Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer print too. I like to have a book in my hands.

    The "hype" answer. I check out the books, but don't necessarily read them just because they are hyped.

    Cool this was your question from "LONG" ago. :)


    Stop by for my full answer if you like.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    My
    Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DEFINITELY prefer printed books! And I LOVE hardcovers, except that they're not always available, or maybe I prefer the cover on the paperback. That sometimes happens. I'm SO glad you prefer printed books, too!

    I also agree with your answer on the hype surrounding some books. I didn't use to pay attention to hype, either, until a fateful encounter at a midnight release party.... Now I sure do pay attention to it! Still, there are books I refuse to read, in spite of the hype, like e-books, for instance.

    Thanks for your answer! Happy Reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!

    I found your blog via this week's "Feature & Follow" (my first) and I'm glad I did! I've been through several blogs today, some of them winners and some of them duds. But Jose' Saramago *and* Children's Lit all on one blog? I'm sold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I love the pretending you've read it LOL great answer!

    My Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall