Bout of Book Read-A-Thon // 8/19-25

Bout of BooksHow's your reading coming along? Me? Well, let's see I have a pile on the TBR, quite a few are even requested reviews. I also need to finishing writing some reviews which are still in my drafts folder.

Let's kick up my reading a notch! This is my first time joining Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

Books to Read 
For next week, I think I'll try to finish reading the following. I don't want to be overly ambitious, so two is enough, and they're both non-fiction reads.

  • Raising Eyebrows: A Failed Entrepreneur Finally Gets it Right by Dal LaMagna // check out his guest post
  • Hungry by Darlene Barnes // part of a TLC book tour 
Reviews to Finish
Yes, I know this is supposed to be a read-a-thon, but it's pretty open to anything. So I'm going to tack on two reviews I'd like to try and get up (or at least with a final write up) within the week:
  • The Tragedy of Fidel Castro by Joao Cerqueira // see excerpt
  • A Vision of Angels by Timothy Jay Smith // see quotes 

Want to join in? Sign up HERE.

1 comment

  1. Fantastic, see you there :D Bout of Books Readathon is one of my favourite readathons :D

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall