Friday 56 & #BookBeginnings: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


For Book Beginnings:
I had just come to accept that my life would be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen.
- p. 12

For Friday 56:
I could not have been less in mood for a party. I'd known I was in for one the moment my parents began dropping unsubtle hints about how boring and uneventful the upcoming weekend was sure to be, when we all knew perfectly well I was turning 16.
- p. 56
Synopsis: A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs.

It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! I'm a little late on my Friday posting (early bird that I usually am). As for my book this week, I'm sharing with you a unique book that already has made the rounds on book blogs (it's one that I've read and have yet to review). I love that first quote! I think it's quite befitting Valentines :)

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

3 comments

  1. I LOVED this book!

    Happy weekend & happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loved this book, and I love the premise behind it. I need to borrow it and rad it!

    Linking from Friday 56,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one yet. Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall