Nonfiction November: New to My TBR


Week 4 (November 24 to 28): New to My TBR

Love your nonfiction? Nonfiction November is hosted by an awesome bunch of peeps: Kim of Sophisticated Dorkiness, Leslie of Regular Rumination, Becca of I'm Lost In Books and Katie of Doing Dewey.

Katie asks: New to My TBR: It’s been a week full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!

I have a lot of catching up to do visiting everyone's posts, but there are already have some wonderful recommendations that have made it on my TBR list.

During Week 2, I put out a call for some Foodie reads and now, as expected, I've beefed my Foodies TBR list! I honestly think I need a full year to read all the Foodies recommendations alone!

I have this long list going already with the obvious authors like Anthony Bourdain, Barbara Kingsolver, Michael Pollan, and Ruth Reichl already in it.

Now the list is growing because ...

I went through three similar foodie posts. Olduvai has a wide range of foodie reads. Book Mammal Musings picked out ten awesome foodie books mainly set in the US. Read at Home Momma has some great recommendations, with a Michelle Obama book opening it to boot!

Some of you responded in the comments with titles I should check out.

I've added these titles for a start (start ... because there are so many that I want to read eventually!) Thank you, ladies for the recommendations!

52 Loaves: One Man’s Relentless Pursuit of Truth, Meaning, and a Perfect Crust by William Alexander (recommended by Olduvai): I already have The Bread Baker's Apprentice and I love a good loaf of bread! It's fascinating that while bread is such a simple foodstuff how passionate people can get about it.

While we're on the subject of bread, thanks to Lory at Emerald City Book Review, I've got author Daniel Leader on my radar. I'd like to get copies of both Bread Alone: Bold Fresh Loaves from Your Own Hands and Local Breads: Sourdough and Whole-Grain Recipes from Europe's Best Artisan Bakers. Can you smell bread right now? These covers are making me hungry!

In Praise of Slow: How a Worldwide Movement Is Challenging the Cult of Speed by Carl Honore
(recommended by Brona Joy of Brona's Books) seems like a book I should have read a very long time ago. I have heard of the Slow Movement but never have gotten around to reading anything about it. Now's my chance.

The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister (recommended by Olduvai) has so many rave reviews. I love the whole premise of the "slow" life and slow food. I also want to read its sequel The Lost Art of Mixing.

Insatiable: Tales from a Life of Delicious Excess by Gael Greene (recommended by Olduvai), a memoir by well-known food restaurant critic has been on my TBR for ages and I think it's high time I bump this up.

If you have any more must-reads, do tell!




No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall