#AMonthofFaves: 5 Fave Winter Reads


I went hmmm ... what the heck did I read last winter? Thank goodness handy dandy Goodreads is there to remind me. These books are so non-wintery in subject matter or setting or anything for that matter! So without much ado, 5 of my favourite books that I read last winter:

(fiction, US, native American lit)
Suspense, mystery, mysticism, justice and a young boy coming into his own, I found this relevant, heartbreaking and deeply moving.

(fiction, USA-Southern lit)
Sweet, non-conventional romance with Southern flair!

Mountainfit by Meera Lee Sethi non-fiction, essays, Sweden 
Bonuses: 2 author guest posts: Seeing the World from the Back of a Goat and My Wild Friends
Fall in love with the natural world in this little nature field guide-travelogue. Reveling in Meera's words and her sense of wonder is the next best thing to being out there on the slopes of Sweden. 

(fiction, UK)
I compared this to getting my "Breaking Bad" fix. Dark, weird, disturbing, appalling. A macabre tale hard to put down.

(non-fiction, essays)
Read any of Patchett's work? Here's an intimate look into her life by way of essays on life, love and commitment. Written in such a friendly voice, it feels like sitting down for a chat with the author.

Got any good winter reads? Let me know!


Get more info for A Month of Faves hosted by the awesome gals Estella's Revenge, Girlxoxo and Traveling with T. Go get it here.

Want more fave winter reading?
Link-up is over at Estella's Revenge!



Enjoy this post? There's more where that came from ;)

Get the latest posts sent directly to your inbox ...and the occasional email when there's something really awesome to share!



4 comments

  1. I loved Someone Else's Love Story! It ended up being so different than I expected. Was not a huge fan of The Round House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small 'winter reading' shelf on Goodreads. It includes books about winter, books set in winter time and books that I like to read while snuggled up under a blanket while snow falls. I recommend The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had to go back to Goodreads, I can never remember what I read when!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how quickly we forget??? I had to consult Goodreads, too. I soooo want to read The Death of Bees. That first line just hooks me!

    ReplyDelete




© guiltless readingMaira Gall