R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril X! Ripping to go!

Used with permission, property of Abigail Larson.

Mystery. Suspense. Thriller. Dark Fantasy. Gothic. Horror. Supernatural.

Oh my. RIP X. This is my first time joining in this challenge (hosted by The Estella Society)  and I have a few in my TBR which seem to fit the bill  ... and they'll definitely get my foot in the RIP door!

This event runs from September 1 to October 31. Two months seems like a long time but knowing myself, I'm not going to be overly ambitious. I'm going for:


Peril the Second means two books. Here's what I have lined up, both of which are lacking reviews. They are derivatives of another more popular work, which certainly puts an interesting little spin on the challenge.

Frankenstein would've been perfect for this challenge! However, I'm already part of a TLC Book Tour for this book which is a peek into the Frankenstein story creation instead. If I get the urge, maybe I'll borrow Frankenstein from the library! Check out my Friday 56 and Book Beginnings post for some snippets.

Yes, I know it's a picture book. Don't you love the fact that Edgar Allan Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher" is its inspiration? (Talk about starting them young!) And funnily, I haven't read the original ... which is on Project Gutenberg



I've already been on a Netflix rampage rewatching the X-Files. I was a huge fan when this TV series first came out! And lately, hearing that there's a revival, I'm hopeful that more people will see how awesome this series is. It's highly unlikely that I'll write any reviews on this, so this is just an FYI. Who else out there is a X-phile? :)

Here are a few X-Files links that you fans (or fans-to-be) may find useful:



Happy RIPping, folks!

No comments

Post a Comment




© guiltless readingMaira Gall